The list of tiny mishaps that can happen at an all-day event like a wedding is long. The good news? You can prepare for almost all of them ahead of time!
When the day comes, be sure to have your emergency kit ready to grab. (You can also think of this kit as your “peace of mind” kit.)
Here’s a few very common issues I see pop up:
- Ate a snack on the go, now there is something stuck in your teeth.
- Does everyone have minty fresh breath? Think first kiss!
- A few DIY wedding decorations need a quick hot glue fix.
- Someone in the wedding party forget their socks.
With your carefully planned and pre-packed wedding day emergency kit you can handle almost any little issue that arises with confidence! (For my wedding pros, here’s a link the bag I love to use for my kit!)
Be sure to ask your day-of wedding coordinator if this is something they already provide. Many seasoned and well prepared planners know about the “emergency kit.” If you have a request, let them know! They will likely be happy to add it to their bag for you.
The items I suggest below are also useful around the house after your wedding. This kit is not a waste of money at all, it is totally worth the investment. This is a kit I suggest for wedding pros, so yes, it’s a bit long.
So, let’s dive into the items I suggest you consider packing…
- Hand sanitizer
- Disposable razor
- Shaving cream
- Disposable one-time use toothbrushes with the paste loaded into them
- Dental floss
- Mints and gum
- Tampons and pads
- Chapstick (maybe a couple!)
- Band-Aids (several sizes)
- Kleenex travel packs
- Baby powder
- Make-up remover wipes
- Contact lens solution
- Eye drops
Beauty & Fashion
- Variety of combs
- Hair touch-up towelettes
- Hair spray
- Bobby pins & hair ties
- Nail polish remover
- Clear nail polish
- Nail clippers
- Nail file
- Push pins, safety pins and floral pins
- Black socks (mens)
- Tide stain remover pen
- Dryer sheet for static prevention
- Sewing kit
- Lint rollers
- Chalk (for covering a stain quickly)
- Energy drinks & mixes
- Paper clips & binder clips
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Super glue
- Masking tape
- Rubber bands
- Moleskin for blisters
- Matches & lighter
- Highlighter pens & Permanent markers (Sharpies)
- Tape measure
- Eyeglasses repair kit
- Medicines – allergies, pain, upset stomach, gas, and UTI
- Dog treats and toys if furry friends will be at the wedding
Here’s a fun little “what’s in my bag” YouTube video where I show what is in my own day-of wedding coordination bag. This video is geared towards wedding planners, but it completely applies to my budget-minded people out there planning their wedding themselves!
Needing help planning your wedding without the large wedding planner price tag? Check out The Master Plan where I walk you through the entire process every step of the way as your virtual wedding planning guide!
Also be sure to join our amazing community over on Facebook where you can crowdsource all your referral, advice and virtual hug needs. This is truly a one-of-a-kind wedding support community, so go introduce yourself!